The Microsoft press release says that the Zune will be available on Nov. 14 for $249.99. They priced the 30GB device the same as Apple’s 30GB iPod. The release highlights its unique features including…
- Zune-to-Zune sharing of music, pictures and home recordings
- A 3-inch LCD video screen that works in portrait or landscape mode to view pictures and videos
- FM radio tuner
- Preloaded songs, music videos, and film shorts.
- A Zune Pass $14.99/month subscription service (personally, I think $9.99 is the sweet spot and that their price is a bit high)
- Ability to purchase individual songs for 79 Microsoft Points (a registered trademark, btw). But, they don’t say what a Point translates to in US Dollars (or Linden Dollars for that matter :-).
- Accessories ranging in price from $19.99 to $99.99: Cables, chargers, bags, etc.