I’ve been playing around with blogware for the last month or so in search of what I personally would like to use:
- A web language: Perl is nice, but PHP is made for the web.
- Database: I have db access, but do I really need to bother. My blog isn’t Amazon.com
- UI: I actually enjoy a UI for blogging despite my love affair with the terminal. Go figure.
- Nice looks out of the box. MovableType was the far and away the winner in this category, and that’s what kept me tied to it.
- Referrers: So people who comment on my blogments (and when people click through to my blog) I and readers can follow them to origin. i.e. someone doesn’t have to comment in my space
There’s even a WYSIWYG editor that updates as you type your entries. Tres’ cool.
Tried Pivot? Is there another I’ve missed fitting these criteria?