October 28, 2013
Windows 8.1: Out of the Box, 2nd Edition--New from O'Reilly
Sebastopol, CA—Get a real feel for Windows 8.1 with a wealth of tips in Windows 8.1: Out of the Box, 2nd Edition. After using Windows 7 or XP, learning Microsoft's latest operating system takes some adjustment. Never fear. Windows expert Mike Halsey starts with the basics and then takes you through the trickier parts of Microsoft's latest operating system with this step-by-step guide. You'll quickly learn how to make the most of Windows 8 for work and entertainment, whether you use a touchscreen tablet, a laptop, or a PC with a keyboard and mouse.
- Easily navigate the intuitive Windows 8.1 interface
- Use email and the Internet—and keep your family safe
- Share files online or with other devices in your home
- Download and use all kinds of of apps and programs
- Watch movies and listen to music
- Import, view, and edit your own photos and videos
- Learn how to use extra hardware and older software
- Get expert tips to keep your computer running smoothly
- Discover cool stuff that makes computer use really easy
For a review copy or more information please email email@example.com. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920032533.do
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room
Recent Press Releases
Press Release Archive »
Media Relations - North America
Media Relations - Germany
Media Relations - Japan
Media Relations - United Kingdom
Media Relations - Conferences