On Wednesday, I asked about: Popular Open Source Projects Based on .Net? A bunch of people provided information about Open Source .Net projects I was unaware of. So, I decided to summarize the projects mentioned in response to my question in alphabetical order.
- Castle Project: Hmm, the projects flowery first paragraph doesn’t really tell me what it is. It looks like it started as a style of software construction and evolved into several glue-code type projects that includes an MVC web application framework, AOP (Aspect Oriented Programming) and more.
- dasBlog: Blogging platform
- Lucene.net: This is an Apache incubator project of a port of the Lucene text search engine library written in Java
- mod_aspdotnet: A loadable Apache 2 module for serving ASP.NET content using the Microsoft’s ASP.NET hosting and .NET runtime within the Apache HTTP Server process
- mojoPortal: Web content management system (CMS)
- NHibernate for .Net: Port of the Java based Hibernate
- .netTiers: Application Framework
- npgsql: .Net Data Provider for Postgresql
- ScrewTurn Wiki: Wiki engine
- Subtext: Personal blog platform
- umbraco: CMS based on ASP.Net
Thank you to everyone who took the time to respond with information about Open Source .Net projects.