I will be teaching Security, Privacy, and Politics in the Computer Age again this spring semester at Tufts University through the Experimental College. I had great success the first time I taught the course. This time, I am reshuffling the syllabus with several major changes:
- New sections for 2007:
- Social Engineering
- Databases and Data Security
- Risk Management and Policy Framework
- Software Insecurity
- Secure Software Development
- Regulatory Compliance
- Digital Investigations and Forensics
- Deeper discussion of privacy
Also, students will be placed in groups to design two “secure” products, which will be 25% of the final grade.
As usual, all news, lectures notes, resources, and selected students’ works will be online on the course website.