Related link: http://www.pewinternet.org/PPF/r/144/report_display.asp
According to a new report by the Pew Internet & American Life Project blog readership grew 58% in 2004 and now stands at 27% of Internet users. Some other great estimates from the report include:
- Only 5% of Internet users are estimated to use RSS to receive news and other information delivered from blogs and content-rich Web sites.
- 12% of Internet users have posted comments or other material on blogs.
- Still, 62% of Internet users do not know what a blog is.
Some rough conclusions from this report:
- Blog readership will continue to grow as more Internet users learn about the technology. Therefore, the news of blogging’s demise are greatly over-rated.
- RSS use will grow significantly as more Internet users learn about this technology. Expect even more readers to emerge and the over-all blogging and RSS landscape to become even more crowded.
Do you think blogging readership will continue to grow in 2005?