Related link: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/
Perhaps I have been stuck in the dark ages, but I have used the Pine email client for close to ten years now, and have never been able to find a good replacement. Recently, however I decided to try out Thunderbird 1.0, and I give it two hearty thumbs up. Seven features that I find particularly helpful:
- Very easy installation.
- Excellent IMAP support.
- Intuitive User Interface and Downloadable Themes.
- Full set of keyboard shortcuts.
- Works well at work (Mac OS X) and at home (Windows).
- Readable documentation and very helpful FAQ.
- Excellent RSS integration.
On the last point, it’s great to have all my emails and RSS feeds in one central spot. And, it really makes sense to manage RSS articles just like regular email messages.
Kudos to all the Thunderbird developers for making such a great app.