For the past several years, I had a simple Motorola StarTac with Verizon service, and it has served me well. The price was right, the minutes were beyond my ability to exhaust, and I liked the flip-phone.
When I left for the Middle East, I cancelled my plan (under a special I’m-A-Soldier-Get-Out-Of-Contract thing), and accidently destroyed my phone’s attenna. For the past year that has not mattered to me that much, though.
Now I am getting ready to come back to the States. Some soldiers have got activated cell phones in the mail so they can use them the minute they get off the plane (or maybe sooner if the pilot lets them talk while taxiing). I have been looking at phones myself, and, since I am starting anew, I can get almost anything I like.
My dream phone needs only a few things:
- A Motorola phone would be great
- Flip-phone design, preferably with caller-id/time window
- Works with Mac OS X’s iSync
- Has BlueTooth, because I hate cables, even for a headset.
- Works with Verizon, with whose service I am completely satisfied
- Optionally, though not importantly, can receive text messages from the internet so various Perl scripts that I write can email me).
That is it. That is all I want. I do not need to take pictures, play music, download ring tones, or make toast.
Although I have only looked at a few phones, and the intersection between iSync, BlueTooth, and Verizon support is very small, I am still looking for my dream phone.
What phone do you like?