My Desktop is always covered by at least a dozen windows. If I had to minimize all windows just to open a file I keep on the Desktop, I’d quickly turn into a very unpleasant creature. Fortunately, there is a solution!
If you don’t want to keep on clicking those green buttons, do this:
- Double click on the system disk (Macintosh HD).
- Click on the Applications button on the window toolbar.
- Double-click on the AppleScript folder.
- Double-click on the Script Editor.
- Copy this code and paste it into bottom text field.
tell application "Finder" activate try open ("Macintosh HD:Users:yourusername:Desktop") end try end tell
- Replace yourusername with your own user name.
- Save Script As Show My Desktop.
- Quit Script Editor.
- Drag and drop the Show My Desktop script icon onto the Dock strip.
Now you can open as many full-screen windows as you like, and if you want to see what’s below them, just click the Show My Desktop icon on the Dock.
UPDATE: 8:39AM (GMT+1) 4/10/2003 You must save this script as Application.