Related link: http://xml.apache.org/axis/
Just posted to the axis-user and axis-dev lists:
Subject: ANNOUNCEMENT: Axis 1.0 RC1 has been released!
The Apache Axis team has released Axis 1.0 RC1, available at http://xml.apache.org/axis/
This release of Axis is a major milestone toward releasing a 1.0 version in the (very) short term. Currently the team is targeting a 1.0 release date of September 13, 2002.
* Is a flexible, extensible Web Services framework for Java developers.
* Has a complete implementation of Sun’s JAX-RPC and SAAJ specifications.
* Has successfully passed the JAX-RPC and SAAJ TCK test suites.
* Is easy to use (including “instant deployment” by dropping a Java source file into a webapp)
* Supports bi-directional WSDL<->Java generation, both via command line tools and automatically in the runtime
* Contains support for the new version of the DIME specification for attachments
* Contains preliminary SOAP 1.2 support
To download the release, you can visit
Please check it out, and send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
–The Axis Team