JavaOne is likely the single largest developer-focused conference that exists, and it is conference week once again. I’ll be in San Francisco for three days this week tracking people down and asking your questions. Here are some of my own:
- How is Sun doing under the leadership of Schwartz? Are the economics of Sun improving?
- Last year, Sun tried to emphasize participation in the JCP? Did that emphasis pay off?
- What does the GPL really mean for Java?
- Obligatory questions about Apache Harmony and the TCK license.
- What is this “Project Flair”? Supposedly it is Sun’s answer to Silverlight and Apollo? Is it hype or substance? Is there anything interesting behind F3?
- Lastly, this is the first year I’m actually going to give NetBeans and Glassfish a chance.
Please take some time to list your questions for this years JavaOne, and I’ll do my best to track down some answers. Stay tuned to the O’Reilly Network and to java.net for ongoing coverage.
Disclaimer: I’m going to delete long comments (more than a paragraph or two). Not looking for essays in the comment threads.