When I look at a lot of EJB projects I see the following:
- Business goes in Session Beans
- Data goes in Entity Beans
- most of the time I just see get/sets
- you can’t even do inheritence easily
- Put up a Session Facade for client to use
- maybe one per use case
Is this OO? It looks to me that we are doing RPC calls from the client to the server (via the facade).
Our entities are glorified structs, and sessions are functions that work on that data.
So what do you think… is this the right way to be doing things? Is this OO? Are your projects like this?
If I was a JINI biggot, I would maybe jump on this as a “plus” for JINI. JINI thinks differently. You locate objects and you ask them to do things. Is that purer?
I am interested to hear your experiences and thoughts on this topic: