Reader Jas recently wrote in the iTunes: Switching Countries from the Command Line post: “I’m a newbie, just exactly how do you use this script to make it work? I need directions :) :)” Here you go, Jas:
- Download a copy of the loadintl.pl file to your desktop. It’s just a text-based perl file.
- Launch terminal, iTunes and Safari. In iTunes, switch to the Music Store.
- From the terminal, change directories to your Desktop: cd ~/Desktop
- Make the loadintl.pl file executable: chmod 755 loadintl.pl
- Run it. Type either perl loadintl.pl or (as I prefer) ./loadintl.pl
- To switch to a store enter “y” at one of the country prompts.
As a rule, you’ll have to re-sign into your Apple Store account after switching countries.