So, I’m sitting here, snarfing my tuna sandwich, taking a break from cleaning up the Server book and prepping it for production, when the doorbell rings. Ah, the wonderful sound of the FedEx lady, arriving with a package from Apple.
(Rael: Feel free to start singing your “Circle of Packages” song.)
Today’s shipment: iWork.
Initial thoughts are:
- Very small box, actually about 6×9 in size
- Includes 1 install DVD with both Pages and Keynote 2
- iWork now requires a serial number
- Also included in the box are:
- Fold-out Quick Reference cards for both Pages and Keynote 2
- User Guides for both Pages and Keynote 2 (manuals are 5.5 x 6.5 inches in size)
- Pages’ User Guide is 191 pages
- Keynote’s User Guide is 151 pages
Of course, there’s no time to play with these today, so I’ll have to wait for the weekend to get these installed.
What do you think of iWork? Have you had a chance to play with either Pages or Keynote 2? Do you think iWork can replace Microsoft Office?