MAKE Challenge: Building Bridges
To kick-off our Ignite Boston evening, we’re having a MAKE competition–Building Bridges–from 6 to 7pm. Come with a group of friends and blueprints, or meet some people at the bar and form an ad hoc team!
Using 1,000 or fewer popsicle sticks, construct a bridge that can withstand more human weight than your competitors’ bridges. We’ll keep weighing them down until they’re destroyed!
- Bridge must span 16″; each end will rest on a block.
- You must use 1,000 or fewer popsicle sticks (these are provided for you).
- Only glue guns may be used to adhere the sticks together. Each team will be provided with at least one glue gun, but bring your own if you have one!
- Feel free to bring your own LEDs, wire, and batteries to make your bridge light up!)
Contest judging will take place at 8:45, so your bridge will have lots of time to dry.
- Glory, of course!
- And, a mystery prize will be awarded to the winning team!