- Slashdot is pink and its posts are filled with “OMG!!!” and “LOL!”
- Opera launches “a groundbreaking new online photo library that aims to offer realistic images of normal people and how they really use technology in their everyday lives.”
- Makezine joins the new Webringr service and rebrands itself as Buy with an upcoming 50-page black and white issue coming next.
- Gizmodo morphs into Gizombo because “the zombie apocalypse is upon us.”
- Yahoo! while in the midst of buying Dogg (a Web 2.0 cross between Digg and Dogster “Where Every Dog Has A Webpage”) decides instead to just buy Web 2.0.
- TechCrunch profiles Goop, which has “a number of del.icio.us/flickr-like features to allow anyone to create their own topic-based version of the main service, create a mashup with any XUL or LUX interface and prominently display the results to users on a Soap based platform with fully closed APIs.” Uh huh.
You have to love April 1st on the net. I know there’s many other sites pulling fast ones today, drop us a comment with your favorite.