Women in Technology

Hear us Roar

  Top Ten Digital Photography Tips
Subject:   Question
Date:   2006-11-01 23:14:06
From:   KatMason
I saw some amazing photos that had a background that was grayscale, but the object in the middle was colored. It wasn't using focal b&w, because it looked like the person had turned the whole photo grayscale, then colored the main object with another color that was different to the first one. I was wondering if anyone knew how to do this.


Full Threads Oldest First

Showing messages 1 through 2 of 2.

  • Question
    2006-12-24 17:31:52  Jakkblood [View]

    It was edited in using photoshop or someother photo editing software

  • Question
    2006-11-29 20:06:53  MaryT [View]

    Hi! Once I learned how to do this I love it. I work in Adobe Photoshop Elements
    open your file
    use your magnetic tool outline the image you want to have color. (this takes practice)
    Then choose "select" from your file menu, then choose "inverse"
    then choose "enhancements", choose adjust color and then choose remove. and there you have it.

    Good luck!