Article:
  Upload Files with JSF and MyFaces
Subject:   Upgraded version problem
Date:   2006-09-20 08:21:21
From:   JBuilderDoug
Response to: Upgraded version problem

It's no help, but I think I've tried just about everything and have not been able to convert from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 as far as inputFileUpload is concerned. I've been trying it in JBuilder and JDeveloper.


I've been trying to use only Tomahawk with standard JSF. I've not trie using complete myfaces and tomahawk. Here's what I've tried


1) Configured libraries for tomahawk-1.1.3.jar and Framework for the t: taglib (The JBuilder IDE recognizes/displays the t: taglab elements
2) Included this .jar with my project
3) Made the .jsp enctype="multipart/form-data"
4) Included in the .jsp
<%@ taglib uri="http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk" prefix="t" %>
5) Entered the <t:inputFileUpload statement.... />
6) imported org.apache.myfaces.custom.fileupload.UploadedFile; into my Bean.
7) Placed the ExtensionsFilter in my web.xml file.


<filter>
<filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>
<filter-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter</filter-class>
<init-param>
<param-name>maxFileSize</param-name>
<param-value>20m</param-value>
<description>Set the size limit for uploaded files.
Format: 10 - 10 bytes
10k - 10 KB
10m - 10 MB
1g - 1 GB
</description>
</init-param>
</filter>


<!-- extension mapping for adding <script/>, <link/>, and other resource tags to JSF-pages -->
<filter-mapping>
<filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>
<!-- servlet-name must match the name of your javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet entry -->
<servlet-name>Faces Servlet</servlet-name>
</filter-mapping>


<!-- extension mapping for serving page-independent resources (javascript, stylesheets, images, etc.) -->
<filter-mapping>
<filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>
<url-pattern>/faces/myFacesExtensionResource/*</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>


Everything seems fine syntaxwise according to the IDE and there are no build errors. At runtime I get


NoClassDefFoundError


org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.util.AddResourceFactory.getInstance...
org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter.doFilter...


so it appears that my filter is faulty and can't be called.


Full Threads Oldest First

Showing messages 1 through 1 of 1.

  • Upgraded version problem
    2008-04-04 14:26:35  Meraj Zia [View]

    This is because you have specified the wrong filter class. check the tutorial again