||Configuring sendmail on Jaguar|
|Subject:||Fixed Better?: Security update 2003-03-03 problems|
Response to: Security update 2003-03-03 problems
This also worked for me and appears to be a "cleaner" fix. It is courtesy of RonLP via MacFixit:
The updated sendmail also appears to ignore the /locations entries in NetInfo. If you must have a custom sendmail.cf, which we must, then you needed to set the /locations/sendmail/sendmail.cf property to the path. This worked fine before the 10.2.4 update and security release with the following NetInfo entry. It no longer works and you must use the sendmail command with a -Am flag to force it to read and /etc/mail/sendmail.cf file when sending.
So what did was
1) undo the fix suggested above
2) kill both running sendmail processes
3) backup /System/Library/StartupItems/Sendmail/Sendmail
4) edit the same file to put a "-Am" in the first line calling sendmail
5) restart sendmail with "sudo SystemStarter -v start SMTP"
Hear us Roar